Friday was the annual Pirate Play Day at Squirt's school and the annual Trike-a-Thon at Scooter's school. Eric and I both went to Scooter's event, then I spent the whole day with Squirt. I have the bright red face and arms to prove it!! Even after making sure the entire class was sprayed down with sunscreen, I failed to make sure I got some on myself! But we had a great time playing tug of war, bungee racing, and then playing in the water on the giant water slide and watching all the teachers get doused by the kids with water balloons. The funniest part, though, was watching the teachers douse each other!
Scooter has decided that her helmet is too big, and that she needs a SpiderMan scooter and helmet just like one of the kids in her class. She has reminded me several times since yesterday morning that we still have not gone to get her a SpiderMan scooter and helmet.
Squirt's class came in second in the tug of war. There was some controversy at the end of the war about whether or not the winning team's teacher (a man) helped the team. It was determined that he did not in fact cheat, although I am not sure the rest of the third grade agreed! There were no hard feelings though. Squirt's class even shared their pizza with the winning team at the end of the day!
Looks like everyone is having a great time!!! I remember those days when CrouchPotato was this age, what fun!
ReplyDelete